Sunday 4 September 2011

Sunrise

Hello everyone! It's me, the lone denizen of the blog, here to spout some more poetry at the void!

Only, this, in a change of tradition, is actually the lyrics for a song that me and my friend are working on, so hopefully we'll have a video up of him singing this, because, well, I can't sing. Or play the guitar. Or anything really, except write!

Well, I won't waste anymore of your time with the story, heres the lyrics;

Sunrise

Heres a story about being alone in the world,
I sat upon the hill and watched,
As the cloth of the night unfurled

Remembering summer nights
When everything was alright
Tanning under the midnight sun
Back before the world was wrong

Ace of spades, Shades of blue,
Back when I thought it was all true
We chased the sunset and and we almost won
But who care we still had fun

(x2)
Summer Nights opened our eyes
Summer Nights watching the sunrise

Staying up till the dawn
Sitting on the beach lawn
Lying there spending time
Reminiscing of past lives

I was a city boy, and you were a farm girl
I don't know why, it seemed to work
We were together, it seemed like forever
Then it seemed to unfurl

(x2)
Summer Nights opened our eyes
Summer Nights watching the sunrise

2 comments:

  1. Tygart is supposed to be a neutral party but his lust
    for the scalp of icon Pacquiao has overcome his objectivity.

    Unfortunately, the percentage of these people who actually find
    a real romance as a direct result of their site memberships is very low -
    probably less than 10%. Stassi confronts the girl by asking her if she had sexual relations with Tom in the past.

    My blog The Tao of Badass Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked for the remaining 8 weeks (mainly because I never took the band-aids
    off long enough to go at it. s not the kind of thing where you just watch the video
    and feel better instantly. The old British maxim states that ‘Knowing
    your enemy is battle half won’.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; Nail biting

    ReplyDelete